Friday, August 7, 2009

Confession No. 22: The System Failed Me

Just in case you were wondering how my Bible study "system" has been working out... I'm excited to tell you that it's been sweeter than ever... with a little tweaking from God.

For the first time in my life I'm realizing that God cannot be confined to my desire to organize and systemize every detail of my life. I started my last Bible study system in April with so much enthusiasm and excitement about digging into God's word. Unfortunately, the zeal only lasted a few days before I faded... As usual. BUT GOD (one of the most powerful phrases in the Bible) but God kept nudging me to keep pressing on in His word. So, one night while lying in Bed, I opened up the Bible in my iPhone and just started reading at the very beginning. No plan. No system. No lights. Just me and God's word... And the Holy Spirit of course. This has turned out to be my favorite part each day. Before I go to bed I just keep reading from where I left off. God has used this time to reveal so much about himself to me and it has been so refreshing. It's sad to say, but this is one of the first things I've done in life without trying to analyze and preplan every detail. I guess that's what Happens when we just let God do his thing. I'm ealizing that he doesn't need me to try and controll it all. Turns out He's got it covered.

My prayer:
Thank you Jesus for not allowing me to get caught up in the way I think things should be. Thank you for still revealing your glory to me even when my heart and actions stinch of sin. Thank you for giving your son, so that I could start over. Your Words are life to me. I love you.

No comments: