Friday, September 4, 2009

Confession No. 24: I'm Jumping In

God's been taking me back to the basics in life. In our digital fast-paced world, life can get chaotic and overwhelming. Lately, I've been feeling like I've gained the entire world and still have nothing to show for it. I'm learning that Jesus is my prize. He is the only one that can satisfy, so I've been allowing him to prune and cut away at the things in my life that rob me of more of him. The process is painful to say the least. I have such huge goals, vision, and dreams for my tomorrows, but in my day to day walk, I often feel paralyzed. Because of this, I've felt God's call to just put one foot in front of the other and jump in to the plans that He has for me. He's calling me out to Himself on the water asking me to trust him. Sometimes I worry that I'll sink and other times I worry that I'll just be one huge belly flop for the world to laugh and point at.

How about you? Is God calling you to make changes in your life? Do you have a dream that seems impossible? If so, I'd like to encourage you to give it to God. Take the leap of faith and know that He will catch you. He has amazing plans for your life!

3 comments:

Kalani said...

Wow, I was just praying/thinking about this before I clicked to read your blog.

Thank you!

=)

Kalani

Unknown said...

This reminds me of a quote I read about being busy, but not ACCOMPLISHING anything! So many times in life, I am busy, but doing what? I want to follow after and seek God, but If I am crafting my own plan or carving out my own way and path...I will miss him in the details and possibly his direction. Beautiful point to let go and step out in faith. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same. I jumped in and I feel so free.