Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Confession No. 19: The Battle Is On

Did you know that there is a spiritual battle going on right now for your soul? God has already won the war through Christ’s shed blood, but the enemy spends his time trying to convince us otherwise.

Today is day 17 of the new healthier me. Almost three weeks ago I set out on a journey to set boundaries in my life related to my personal health and eating habits. I’ve been feeling God nudging me to make these changes for a while now, but I always seemed to have an excuse as to why I needed to put it off. Anyway, the changes that have occurred over the past few weeks have been phenomenal! I’ll be sharing them over the next couple of weeks with you, but for today, I just wanted to let you know that I’m learning that God did not give us the law just to judge us by it, but to give us a clear picture on how to live in a way that honors and glorifies Him. Jesus said that He did not come to judge the world, but to save it. As I experience His saving power, I’m also becoming more aware of the battle that is going on within myself as well as in the spiritual realm. Everyday I struggle with the choices that I know the Lord is calling me to. I feel the enemy luring me to my old destructive habits and I ask myself, “How can I stay in the fight?” The Bible gives us a simple answer in Ephesians 6:10-20…
10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we[c] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[d] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[e] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.[f] 19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.[g] 20 I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God’s ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should.

2 comments:

Connie Arnold said...

We all have our daily battles, and this is such a good reminder of how to fight those battles! Thanks for sharing, and may God strengthen you in your struggles, Anna.

Nadine Aires said...

This was the answer I needed today. Going through an immediate battle against the enemy right now, and this verse preached right to the circumstances of my life! Thank you so much for that and may the Lord be with you and may you continue to hold onto the armour of faith! I believe through blogging, we spread the Good news.