Thursday, August 14, 2008

Confession No. 5: We Had 5 Days To Say Goodbye

Is there a dream that God has placed in your heart? Are you waiting on the promises of God for your life? If so, I'd like to encourage you not to give up hope. Abraham held onto the dream that he would be the father of many nations. He waited until he was over 90 years old before he ever saw his dream fulfilled. I can only imagine how seeing God's promise fulfilled must have ignited Abraham's affections for GOD.

Has God ever done a miracle in your life? Sometimes we forget about all of those crazy times when there is no other explanation but God. In December 2006 my uncle experienced a massive heart attack. Doctors determined that they would need to do a quintuple bypass surgery, but they waited 5 days before doing the surgery because they didn't think that he would survive. They wanted to give him some time to say goodbye before calling it quits. That was over two years ago and he is still alive today. Doctor's can't explain it, but we know that God was at work. It's situations like this that we need to remember when we feel ready to give up on our dreams. You have to remember that God is always in control and that He is working all things together for your good. The Bible tells us that his ways are not our ways.

So… I just want to leave you with two questions to encourage you as you wait on God. Do you believe that God is who He says He is and do you believe that He can do what He says he can do?

If you are waiting on God for a dream to be fulfilled, send us your comments, we would love to hold you up in prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this eye-opening confession!

This one really shook my heart because since I was little girl I've dreamed of building a life in America.
I'm a Dutch Caribbean girl, living in the Netherlands (born and raised) and for some reason I've always had this longing of living and fulfilling Gods purpose in the country of dreams .. the American dream that is!
I love to write .. I love it!
God gave me that talent to do so! And I would love for God to bless me with a career as a journalist of a magazine that's made on american soil!

I just feel connected with the USA in some way and eventhough I hid my dream so deep in my heart the past few years, I still knew it was there to be fulfilled.
The reason why I hid my dream was because of my share of pains and sorrows
(we've all had that .. AMEN?).
When I was a teen I never thought dreams COULD or WOULD come true.
Only to people who either had money or got lucky.
But then God presented Himself so beautifully to me and told me that He would take care of me and my BIG dream.
He already took me from a mighty long way full of insecurities and suicide thoughts! And I am SO THANKFUL that I can see myself as a beautiful young woman, because of His love!

So if I may answer your q's:
Yes! God would NEVER lie and I believe that He can make EVERYTHING happen. I don't know how and when, but all I can do is hope and keep His Word in my heart!

Jeremiah 29:11 says : 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'

and Psalm 37:4 says: 'Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.'

So yes, I believe!
Eventhough I'm human and get impatient most of the time ..still GOD REIGNS!
And I believe in Him and in His time and in His ways!

Amen!