Thursday, August 14, 2008

Confession No. 7: I Was a Party Girl



I've spent at least half of my life as a party girl... pity party girl that is. I hate the sound of that and I hate admitting it, but the truth is that when things got tough in my life, I got depressed. Ugly, crying, snotty, depressed! The devil knocked on my door, asked if he could help me relive my pain, and I would invite him right in every time.

There are so many times in life when we feel like we deserve to cry and be angry... maybe someone betrayed you or you were treated unfairly. Whatever the situation was (or is), you have got to remember that God is still in control. The Bible tells us that God works ALL things (good and bad situations) together for our good. So if you believe that, then you need to continually ask yourself... Do I believe that God does what He says He will do? Do I believe that He has a plan for my life? The answer to both of those questions is always YES!
If you've thrown a few pity parties of your own, remember that before you were born, God created a plan for your life. You were created to serve HIM! So, wipe away the tears. Stop thinking about everything that's going wrong in your life and start thinking about how you can make the most out of the life that you've been given. When you can learn to delight yourself in the Lord, He promises to give you the desires of your heart. –Psalm 37:4

No comments: